Legends from the East is here to bring you the latest news in the South East Asian and East Asian League of Legends scene! Today we take a look at a certain champion dominating the scene!
Hi summoners! I apologize for the lack of post T.T My computer has been giving me so many problems and all my material is on it. Does anyone have any experience dealing with tech issues?
First things first.
1) I will update the GPL section over the next three days for those who are wondering
2) I received a question from user Zyrxil and I will address that with a mid week post.
3) In a few hours time there will be an exciting match for the South East Asian Qualifiers between the KL Hunters and the SG Sentinels, so stay tuned for that coverage.
4) Taiwanese IPL qualifers and Season 2 Qualifers and coming to a close so catch that next week as well.
5) GPL is on a break so no news from the League just yet.
Now on to the real post! Who in the League is ROCK SOLID. Click read more to find out!
Malphite has seen so much more competitive play in the Asian and EU scene of late so today I take a look at what changes were made to bring him up to competitive play!
24 AUG 2010 – Unstoppable Force is now unstoppable and cannot be interrupted by disables
18 OCT 2010 – Seismic Shard cooldown reduced to 8 from 10 – Unstoppable Force cooldown reduced to 130/115/100
09 AUG 2011 – Brutal Strikes mana cost reduced to 50/55/60/65/70 – Ground Slam radius increased to 400 and mana cost reduced to 50/55/60/65/70
15 NOV 2011 – Base armor increased to 21.75 from 16.75 – Brutal Strikes cooldown reduced to 14 seconds – Ground Slam cooldown reduced to 7 seconds
29 FEB 2012 (LEAP DAY!) – Unstoppable Force area of effect radius on impact increased to 325
23 May 2012 – Increased Malphite’s travel speed during Unstoppable Force
I believe these tiny little changes do speak for themselves even though some are just so old. I think the deal break was the increase in travel speed. I haven’t been much of a Malphite player but I think that buff made Malphite so much more playable.
Why pick Malphite?
– Building armor gives Malphite the innate ‘Tankiness” it also buffs his ground slam which scales with 50% of his Armour.
– Brutal Strikes AOE cleave passive makes Malphite viable in the jungle
– Being rock solid makes Malphite viable against AD hard hitters up top
– His Granite Shield excels in both top lane pokes and jungle camps.
– Ground Slam attack speed debuff is absoultely ANTI AD (50% at skill level 5)
– Unstoppable Force is unstoppable. :)
It seems that Riot Games have picked up on this fact and has a few nerfs coming to Malphite in the next patch. So stay tuned to more Malphite play in the Asian scene! I expect either team to pick or ban him today!